Noise Aware is a social partnership that aims to promote the avoidance of noise nuisance in Sheffield City Centre.
Collaborating with the city council, local residents, Universities, Colleges and those city centre licensed premises wishing to participate. We aim to create a better balance between the night time economy and the needs of local residents; a pro-active initiative to create a quieter city. But let's not shout about it, let's just do it! More
Working together to manage noise problems and focus public attention on these issues will help us to deal with them effectively. Providing the opportunity for local authorities, housing providers, mediation services and all those involved in neighborhood noise management to raise awareness of services and promote practical solutions.
Our partners have agreed to work to Noise Aware codes of conduct and will display the Noise Aware logo. Download the Noise Aware logo.
If you experience any noise problems within the City Centre, below are the best ways to report it. Remember to document the time and issue so that it can be dealt with as quickly as possible!
- Contact the venue directly. Look for their details above
- Contact Scott from U-night (the City Centre Licencing Forum) on
Call Sheffield Council Environmental Protection Service 0114 2734651
- Call 101 to contact Sheffield Council Night Time Noise team.
Working with our codes of conduct…
When enjoying an evening out in Sheffield City Centre please be aware that residents live within the city centre. We want a good balance between a strong night time economy and venues being alowed to open later if they are properly managed. So if you want this to continue please try to limit noise when leaving our cities great venues.
- Signage reminding patrons to be quiet when leaving
- Pro-active security staff asking the public to be courteous
- An Acoustic lobby to help attenuate noise breakout
- Ensuring Doors and windows are closed during operating hours
- Professionally limited speakers and sound systems
- A commitment to liaising with local residents and partners